Our comprehensive Coastal Navigation 501 course presents classic sailing navigation in a way that is interesting, challenging, and fun. Simply put, we look to make you a prudent and confident master of coastal navigation. This essential skill can be mastered in just a few hours of certified instruction. Coastal Navigation 501 fully engages the class in solving real-life navigational problems. Challenging homework ensures that students practice and reinforce their new skills. Graduates will be confident navigators with internationally recognized credentials. At the conclusion of the course, students take a certification exam to receive US Sailing’s Coastal Navigation certification. Charts, navigation tools, and the US Sailing Coastal Navigation textbook are included.
Course Duration: 8 Hours (2 x 4Hr Sessions)
Scheduling Options: Jan 20 & 27th 9a-1pm
Location: Elston & Belmont Office
- Understanding the global navigational system
- Determining one’s position without electronic aids
- Chart reading, course plotting, lights/buoys, tides/currents, more
- Developing a navigator’s judgment and prudence
- US Sailing Coastal Navigation Certification
Questions? Give us a ring or send us a message! One of our reservations team members will get back to you shortly.